Saturday, October 21, 2006

Writing


16.07.02

What prompts an individual to put pen to paper and what does he expect to come up with? In my case I would say that much reading maketh a man try the game of writing himself. Just a natural reaction to reading, you may say.

Whatever, I do hope much writing, even those forced by reading, would finally result in the capacity to create literature. Do I have anything to sell, or, should my writing be purposeful? Or should it simply be a laisser faire sort of rumbling along, all in the hope that it would result, one day, in the capacity to purposeful writing, if need be? Would such need ever arise? Well, considering my background and the type of passion that flows within me, it is obvious that no sooner I feel I am able to churn words effortlessly, I would find myself dressed to go in for the kill. So there I have no doubt, whatever my motivations for reading (enjoyment what else?), my motivation for writing is not that innocent. It would turn out to be nothing less than activist writing. This being so, let me get right way into the act.

No comments: