Saturday, October 21, 2006

Childhood memories

24.07.02

The earliest vivid memory I have of myself is of my waking up one morning and looking for the gun on the table by my bedside and then crying because it was not there. There I was, confused between dream and reality. I am unable to date it but such memories in Beraddin Estate would have been before I was seven. I remember Thomas, my class master and me rushing towards Teachers’ Room to exclaim, upon meeting him midway, that some had “bell ringing” and then being embarrassed that I was not able to properly express myself. How quaint, I remember him tucks my palm into his hands and leading me back to where the action was.

Then there was a period when I was in the house of Mrs. Mathews and I remember the day I was hit by a car and thrown off to a drain by the road. Nothing happened to me and it must have relieved the driver of that car.

No comments: