Saturday, October 21, 2006

Chalo Kashmir

[This is a would-have-been e-mail to a blogger who was my collegue. Unfortunately I could not mail him this.]
Dear Manvendra Vartakji,

I read your blog CHALO KASHMIR on NDTV's Blog. I have commented on it.

I think we have actually met. My name is Venugopal and I was at Desert Line in Azaiba (the camp near Seeb airport) in Oman around the early 90s. If I remember correctly, when you arrived in Desert Line we stayed together for some time in the container-type accommodation in Desert Line. You told me then that you were staying in Shankar Peth in Pune. Subsequently I think you were sent to one of the sites in the interior and we may not have met after that. I left Desert Line and joined Al Hassan Corp. in Ruwi and then altogether left Oman around 1996. Have been in India since (my village is in Kerala) and for the past 9 years I have been in Mumbai working as stenographer in a CA firm in Fort .

How did life go with you since we last met? Please do write. It would be good that we keep in touch.

You may visit my blog site. It is at:

http://www.kaikulath.blogspot.com/

There is no doubt that we are on the same wavelength as far as the situation in our country today goes.

Regards
Venugopal
My e-mail id: venu1005@hotmail.com

No comments: