Sunday, December 10, 2006

[This is an e-mail I sent to Terry of Alaya, after reading a talk by Ishvar.]
Dear Terry,
I have read this, the second message of H.H. Ishvara I've got since joining. I would tend to disagree with one point - that it's natural to have needs. Needs are what we have all the time and thereby our great feeling of inadequacy. Is it possible to be in a situation of having no needs (except at the subsistence level, of course)? I think the whole spiritual pursuit is to come to a situation where we are free from needs. And this is achieved not by any doing, but by a simple awakening to the truth that we are perfect.
I say this much as a comment in passing and not to begin an argument or have a debate. As I keep reading Ishvara’s newsletters and maybe offering my comments, I’m sure clarity would evolve.
Love,Venu

No comments: